Disabled Motoring UK (DMUK) has just completed their 2020 in a different way because of impact of the COVID pandemic and SCAN wants to run similar surveys locally.
We are asking shoppers to think back over the last 12 months to consider their general parking experience and ask them to answer some questions about this experience at supermarkets and on their everyday journeys.
Please contact us if you would be able to help with this survey and leave your name and contact details, the area where you live and the location of the Blue Bays where the abuse occurred Email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 07853 038933. Questions 1. When visiting a supermarket, how easy is it for you to find a suitable disabled parking bay? Very easy Easy Difficult Very difficult
2. When parking at a supermarket how often do you notice disabled bays being abused? Very often Often Rarely Very rarely
3. When parking at the supermarket do you ever see signs of enforcement of disabled bays? Yes-signage Yes –person monitoring bays No
4. If you have reported disabled parking abuse to a member of the supermarket staff do they take action? Yes No
5. On your everyday journeys (not just at the supermarket) how easy is it for you to find suitable disabled parking? Very easy Easy Difficult Very difficult
6. When parking in your everyday life (not just at the supermarket) do you notice disabled parking bays being abused? Very often Often Rarely Very rarely
7. Do you think Local Authorities are doing enough to tackle Blue Badge abuse? Yes No
8. Do you think Blue Badge holders should be allowed to park free of charge in car parks? Yes No
9.During the Covid-19 pandemic have you seen disabled parking bays removed? E.g for queuing? Yes No