Disabled Motoring UK (DMUK) has now published the results of their 2020 Bay Watch - Blue Badge Parking Survey and SCAN plans to run similar survey(s locally.
We are asking shoppers to think back over the last 12 months to consider their general parking experience and answer some questions about their experience at supermarkets as well as on their everyday journeys during the COVID Pandemic.
Please register your interest by either email o email@example.com or text 07853 038933. Please leave your name, what area of Spelthorne that you live in and your contact details. These are the Questions that we would like you to answer.
1. When visiting a supermarket, how easy is it for you to find a suitable disabled parking bay? Very easy Easy Difficult Very difficult
2. When parking at a supermarket how often do you notice disabled bays being abused? Very often Often Rarely Very rarely
3. When parking at the supermarket do you ever see signs of enforcement of disabled bays? Yes-signage Yes –person monitoring bays No
4. If you have reported disabled parking abuse to a member of the supermarket staff do they take action? Yes No
5. On your everyday journeys (not just at the supermarket) how easy is it for you to find suitable disabled parking? Very easy Easy Difficult Very difficult
6. When parking in your everyday life (not just at the supermarket) do you notice disabled parking bays being abused? Very often Often Rarely Very rarely
7. Do you think Local Authorities are doing enough to tackle Blue Badge abuse? Yes No 8. Do you think Blue Badge holders should be allowed to park free of charge in car parks? Yes No
9.During the Covid-19 pandemic have you seen disabled parking bays removed? E.g for queuing? Yes No